Tortellini with Lemon & Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, with ends cut off, quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cheese tortellini [I bought the packaged kind from Trader Joes, but you could also buy frozen]
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix brussels sprouts in large bowl with 3 teaspoons olive oil and salt. Spread on a cookie sheet or pan and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, until they're slightly browned and crispy on the outside.
While those are roasting, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil on stovetop and saute onion until translucent, about 8 minutes. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Toss tortellini with onion and brussels sprouts, then add lemon zest and juice. Top with Parmesan cheese!