Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A short-term option with a long-term consequence


This guest post is from Sandy Krupp, a technical support teacher at my school. He writes a brief but inspired bit of advice on maintaining healthy habits as we age.

I don’t think that anyone would argue with the fact that as we get older it becomes more challenging to maintain our bodies as we did in the prime of our youth. Being a middle-aged male and a member of the PDS staff, the cliché "use it or lose it" has never been more true. I know that it is difficult to find the time and energy to do something beneficial for our bodies, but on the other hand I know that if I don’t work out regularly that I will pay the price in many other ways. Just giving up and letting yourself go is a short-term option with a long-term consequence. Most of the time, just getting started is the hardest part. This is one issue that we are all in the same boat on, so I wish everyone good luck with your own personal challenge to a healthy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...